Monday, November 23, 2009

Greedy Little Bitches


Having insomnia means staying up all night staring bleary-eyed at the television watching a variety of Nostradamus end of the world shows or perhaps an animal planet special on naked mole rats. Last night was a Snapped marathon. SCORE! For those of you who do not know, Snapped is a documentary show about women who...well, snap and kill people (usually their husbands.) Now these women are usually motivated by one of two things; their husbands cheating or money. Now slicing and dicing your cheating husband I can understand. I don't condone it...but I understand. However, what I cannot wrap my head around is someone who will kill for money. I just don't get it. I can honestly say I have had to battle with every deadly sin, every deadly sin except greed that is. I don't know. As long as I can pay my bills, see a movie and go out to eat occasionally, and take a vacation once a year I really don't care about money. I could live off 20,000 a year and be perfectly content. Maybe even 15,000 depending on the city I'm living in. But I guess some people are just so consumed with having the best of the best of everything that they're willing to take someone's life to get it. This is often the case in Snapped. Example: one woman killed her husband because he couldn't afford to get her breast implants. Yup. Breast implants. So, she killed him and took the insurance money and got her some boobies. Another woman was on her fifth husband who was a handsome, young fire chief who would do anything for her and she killed him for the insurance money. HELLO!?!? Poor or not it would be worth keeping the bastard around just so he could do little strip dances in his uniform. Mmmmmmmm. Stripping firemen. Yummy. *Stares off dreamily* Ahem. But back to the point. Women can be some greedy little bitches and that's fine as long as they set about getting their money by their own work and merit instead of marrying a man or killing one for money. Let me tell you something, ladies. Money isn't worth killing for and it's not worth marrying for either. Believe me. You are going to need a lot more than money to make a hell hole, cluster fuck arangement like marriage work. *shudders at the idea of marriage*

Now very rarely will a woman kill her husband for the insurance money and those who would I doubt will be disuaded by a piddly little essay I write. So, I will focus my attention on women who marry for money. WAAAAAAAAY more common unfortunately. And not entirely our fault either. Most of us are raised to look for a man who will be able to provide well for us. Even today women make less than men. The reasoning for this is that companies expect a man to be supporting the woman so why does she need a big paycheck? This is proof that sexism is still prevalent today and it keeps women in the dark ages of seeking a wealthy man to take care of them. I have a friend who has told me on several occasions that he is going to raise his daughter to look for a rich guy to marry and take care of her. My response, "Um...why not raise a daughter to get a good education so she can take care of herself?" Another friend of mine admitted that she wanted to marry a rich man so she could just be a housewife. My response (a blabber-mouth like me always has one), "Why in the hell would you want to be a housewife? Why would you choose that existence?" She explained to me that it is her dream to take care of the home and the children and, mneh, if that's what she wants so be it. To each their own. However, for you ladies out there who dream of being a housewife I urge you to have a back up plan if things go awry. Never put yourself in a situation that you can't find a way out of. If you're just a housewife and your husband decides to cheat on you or beat you you're going to find it a lot harder to leave his ass than you would if you had a career yourself. NEVER, EVER depend on a man. Depending on a man is the equivalent to depending on a pinto to get you from let's say New York to California. It just ain't gonna happen, ladies. You're fooling yourselves.

Now, ladies, I'm not telling you to throw all standards out the window and start dating the 35 year old fry cook at the Burger King. Ambition and drive say a lot about character but don't pass up on a great guy just because he doesn't make at least a 6 figure salary. As long as he has goals and drive to attain those goals give him a chance. Especially if he is a 6 foot tall fireman with rippling muscles and a devilish come hither twinkle in his eye. Mmmmmm. Yes, sir, Mr. Fireman. I'll help you with your hose anyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment